Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to spotlight an upcoming release that we're excited about. This week I'm waiting on Illuminate by Aimee Agresti.
Haven Terra is a brainy, shy high school outcast. But everything changes when she is awarded a prestigious internship at a posh Chicago hotel under the watchful eyes of a group of gorgeous strangers: the powerful and alluring hotel owner Aurelia Brown; her second-in-command, the dashing Lucian Grove; and their stunning but aloof staff of glamazons called The Outfit. As Haven begins falling for Lucian, she discovers that these beautiful people are not quite what they seem. With the help of a mysterious book, she uncovers the evil agenda of Aurelia and company: they’re in the business of buying souls. Will they succeed in wooing Haven to join them in their recruitment efforts, or will she be able to thwart this devilish set’s plans to take the souls of her classmates on prom night at the hotel? Illuminate comes out March 6.

12 comments:

  1. Seeing this one around a lot lately! Love the cover!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I haven't heard of this one, but it sounds really good! and the cover is beautiful!
    Thanks for stopping by! *New Follower*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick, I've seen this one around a lot. I like the cover as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds really interesting, great choice! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Illuminate!! Seriously, this book has like the prettiest cover of 2012 haha :) This was my WoW a while back as well so I'm definitely excited for it! Great pick and thanks for stopping by :)

    Kim @ The Paper Planes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen this around before but it looks fab!
    Thanks for sharing.

    I'm a mew follower.
    :) Aeicha @ Word Spelunking

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO intrigued by this. Buying souls? Mystery? Danger? Seducation/romance? And gorgeous cover? WIN! Cannot wait to dive into a copy :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book is on my TBR list too! Isn't the cover amazing? I want to borrow that dress!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choice!! I love the typography and the story sounds interesting!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is it just me or is the name Lucien in like 1000% of YA books right now?

    That said, this book actually sounds really interesting. Everyone is right about the cover, too, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been waiting on this one for a while now too. Glad to know I'm not the only one. I love the cover for it too.

    Thanks for stopping by,

    Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. This book screams fantastic! The cover had me hooked. And then you've got hotels, evil agendas, romance... Definitely a great pick. Thanks for stopping by my WoW and for following my blog!

    ~Nikki (Imaginative Adventure - Giveaway)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...